Safety Precautions Following Residential Water Loss
When disaster strikes in your home, it is essential to be safe when dealing with damaged items in your household.
The effects of water damage in a residential home can both be controlled OR worsened depending on the actions taken. Here are a few tips on how to safely control the situation before help arrives:
- Remove any undamaged items away from the contaminated area
- Prop up any upholstery items to avoid further damage
- Place aluminum foil or blocks of wood under wood furniture to prevent damage to personal items
- Stay out of rooms that have sagging and wet walls
- Attempt to remove water using personal vacuum or hepa-vac
- Leave any paper items on wet surfaces such as books or magazines
- use any electrical outlets or appliances In the affected water area
- Leave standing water alone for an extended period of time as it could cause mold to grow
If there are any further questions, concerns or if you have water damage, call SERVPRO of Lakeland. (863)646-4213.