Recent Commercial Posts
How Might Changes for Mold Coverage Affect Your Business?
Mold damage in Griffin, FL
In general, mold insurance claims for property damage and for illnesses have become more restrictive in recent years. As a business owner, it's important that you understand what your policy covers when it comes to mold damage. Many general liability policies seek to specifically exclude a wide variety of damage claims caused by mold. This doesn't mean that coverage is not available, or that it has completely gone away, just that the conditions for a successful mold claim have been greatly reduced.
Steps To Take To Protect Your Business
There are still many things you can do to protect your business from mold exposure in Griffin, FL. Becoming informed and thinking outside the box are always good strategies. Consider these options for a comprehensive approach to defeat mold growth:
- Talk regularly with your insurance agent
- Shop for different types of coverage with new companies
- Look over your policy each year for changes
- Consider paying a higher premium to get better results for mold insurance claims
- Understand the limits to a mold claim
You can also be proactive in preventing mold from being a problem in your place of work. Mold thrives in areas of high humidity or places where water leaks have occurred. By educating workers and custodians, you might be able to prevent an outbreak of mold.
Actions To Consider if Mold Is Found
A successful mold remediation process starts by calling in a local mold mitigation company. They will arrive on the scene quickly and begin the inspection process right away. With a mold claim, it's crucial to act with speed, as mold can spread throughout a building in two or three days. A fast response means less cleanup and fewer damaged materials, all of which can reduce the dollar level of mold insurance claims. Not only will a professional mold cleanup restore mold to normal, natural levels, but it may also reduce the likelihood of additional mold growth in your building.
4 Mitigation Steps to Protect Your Commercial Property After a Storm
Damaged roof in Lakeland, FL
4 Mitigation Steps to Protect Your Commercial Property After a Storm
While there are professional contractors who specialize in storm damage mitigation in South Lakeland, FL, not every roof leak or grouping of missing shingles will require calling in the calvary. However, regardless of the severity of the damage, most storm mitigation practices will follow the same four steps to get you through to the insurance adjuster's visit.
- Use plywood
- Tarp larger areas
- Remove excess water
- Document damage
A damaged roof is always a possibility, especially during peak storm season. High winds can lead to damaged shingles and, depending on the speed and consistency of these winds, the interior of your building may become exposed. Therefore, it is useful to have plywood on hand to cover and board-up exposed areas as quickly as possible to minimize interior damage.
Tarp Larger Areas
If a storm has left your business with several small leaks or one massive roof leak, it may be more prudent to use tarps instead. While plywood is nice and sturdy, it cannot cover the same area as a tarp without creating several seams and weak points in the process. Therefore, it is best to use a single piece of material, spanning the entire area, to protect your business. You can also use sandbags or weights to help keep the tarp tied down in case of another wind storm.
Remove Excess Water
Once you have minimized the risk of interior exposure to the elements, you can then attend to any damage inside your facility. Most likely, the damage will be water-related. If there is little water inside, then you can probably use dry mops or towels to remove excess water. However, for more significant flooding, you may need to use shop vacs or even water pumps to dry out the building.
Last, if you are going to make a claim on your insurance, then document everything. Take several photos of the affected areas and be sure to gather any necessary paperwork.
High winds can lead to either a minor or major roof leak and other property damage. If your building has been damaged in a storm, then contact a mitigation crew to assess and mitigate further loss.
Rising from the Ashes
SERVPRO can respond immediately to your fire or water damage.
A Long-Awaited Grand Re-Opening
This particular story is very near and dear to us here at SERVPRO of Lakeland. Last year this franchise and one of our clients went through an extremely harrowing ordeal. A local retirement community suffered a fire in the middle of the night in a resident's apartment. In addition to local fire and police departments, SERVPRO was on site within the hour.
None of us were quite prepared mentally for the toll this job would take both on the residents of this community and the amazing ownership team. The damage both from the fire and the ensuing deluge to put out the fire was extensive. It traveled for 4 floors before it was contained.
Fast forward to this past week. We were invited back by this retirement community for its Grand Re-opening. Through countless hours of labor by the local fire department and SERVPRO of Lakeland, followed by many weeks of construction and repair, we were able to truly make it "Like it never even happened."
The transformation was nothing short of breathtaking. Even better than that, however, was the warm welcome we received from both the residents of the community and its incredible staff. The gratitude they expressed towards our team is something we will not soon forget.
That is why we do it. If you should experience some kind of disaster to your home or place of business, call SERVPRO of Lakeland today. (863)646-4213.
Fast Response to Water Damage in Commercial Complex
Pipes burst and can cause flooding if not maintained properly.
Just two days before Thanksgiving the students at Florida Southern College were preparing to attend their final classes before their break, when an unusual downpour started. There was an abnormal amount of rain dropped on the campus of Florida Southern College between the hours of 9 and 10 am.
Our crews arrived on site within the 20 minutes of the call and began extracting water from their art and science buildings, as well as their main performing hall Branscomb Auditorium. Our crews acted with swiftness and determination and were able to use all of the tools at our disposal to have much of the water extracted by the end of business that day.
That was the easy part. Now came the hard part, bringing enough equipment and manpower to have every wet area of these buildings dry by the time the students arrived back on campus for class on Monday, and to make matters worse it is a holiday weekend and most of our crew was scheduled to be out of town or had plans with their families. After exhausting our inventory of drying equipment and borrowing some equipment from other SERVPRO franchises we were able to have most of the fans and dehumidifiers set by the time we left campus that night.
Now the monitoring and waiting game began. Over Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, and through the weekend two of our staff members showed up on the campus to monitor and remove, or reposition, equipment until the campus was dry on Sunday evening. Monday when the staff and students arrived at their first class they had no inclination that we were ever there or there was water flowing in to the classrooms just 6 days before. We truly did make it “like it never even happened”.
This job marked the largest single commercial water loss SERVPRO of Lakeland has ever handled on its own, and we will continue to grow and learn, making it true that there is no job too big or too small for SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of Lakeland specializes in: water remediation, flood mitigation, carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, mold removal, fire damage, and smoke clean up, disaster restoration, storm response, and air duct cleaning. SERVPRO of Lakeland has been serving Lakeland and Polk County residents for over 40 years. We are licensed and insured and have an A+ rating with the better business bureau in restoration and cleaning.
Contact SERVPRO of Lakeland at (863) 646-4213, www.SERVPROlakeland.com
Commercial Water Damage Lakeland, Fl
SERVPRO of Lakeland can handle any sized commercial loss
Recently the SERVPRO of Lakeland Team attended a large loss conference in Orlando. This meeting was very constructive for our team as it gave us more knowledge and tools to work with in the event of a large-scale water or fire damage in Lakeland or Polk County. At the meeting we made some key connections with the southeast large loss team based out of Nashville, TN. This connection is very important, because we now have the ability to make one phone call and have a semi truck full of equipment and manpower in town, within 24 hours. Situations like this would include multiple levels of flooding in large buildings, such as a hotel flood, courthouse water loss, or large commercial real estate building leaks. It could also include multi unit housing structure losses, such as apartment complexes or condo associations. In situations like this, time is of the utmost importance. While we here at SERVPRO of Lakeland we have the ability to deal with many disasters on our own, we may not have the equipment necessary to complete the drying process after our initial 24-hour water extraction period. This is why it is so important to have the ability to get equipment and manpower within 24 hours of the loss, to assist with phases two and three, the drying and demolition. Our new arrangement with our Large Loss partner should make any large building owner or manager feel at ease, knowing that not only is SERVPRO of Lakeland here to assist, but we also have the backing of our other 1600 franchises and large loss response unit. Be sure to call Josh to find out about things you can do to make sure the commercial building you own or manage is ready in time of disaster at (863) 646-4213.
SERVPRO of Lakeland specializes in: water remediation, flood mitigation, carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, mold removal, fire damage, and smoke clean up, disaster restoration, storm response, and air duct cleaning. SERVPRO of Lakeland has been serving Lakeland and Polk County residents for over 40 years. We are licensed and insured and have an A+ rating with the better business bureau in restoration and cleaning. SERVPRO of Lakeland (863) 646-4213, www.SERVPROlakeland.com
Why SERVPRO of Lakeland?
Call SERVPRO of Lakeland for your water damage concerns. (863)646-4213.
Rapid Response Recovery Time
Why should I choose a professional restoration company for water intrusion/ damage?
- Homeowners should not risk doing the work themselves as there may hidden water or moisture that can go undetected to the untrained eye. Taking into account that mold growth can occur in as little as 24-48 hours in the presence of moisture, undetected water damage can pose long term problems if not properly handled.
- Due to the potential hazards associated with water-related damage, moisture and water should be handled by properly trained and equipped professionals to ensure complete and necessary drying to prevent future harm, extensive structural damage and possible contamination.
- Improper cleanup could hinder property re-sale value.
- Professional restoration companies have essential tools and techniques to measure moisture in the area to ensure proper and complete drying in a timely manner.
- Water technicians should be fully aware of water or moisture-related characteristics to locate leaks or water damaged areas that may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Homes and other properties are large and often expensive assets. Why run the risks associated with improper drying, deodorizing and disinfecting which can lead to potential secondary structural damage? Help protect your property’s value by calling the professionals at SERVPRO of Lakeland.
Why should I choose SERVPRO of Lakeland for water cleanup and restoration?
- SERVPRO of Lakeland recognizes the necessity for prompt and accurate response and offer 1-4-8 Response Guidelines to help minimize additional, secondary or permanent damage and contamination. In addition, SERVPRO of Lakeland is available for emergency response 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Knowledge and training are key elements in effective water removal and moisture damage. SERVPRO of Lakeland applies their industry knowledge, training and understanding of how relative humidity, temperature, vapor pressure and air movement influence drying conditions.
- Powerful and professional equipment is essential for proper mitigation and efficient restoration of water damaged areas. SERVPRO of Lakeland is outfitted with state-of-the-art industrial grade equipment and products to measure the extent of moisture saturation and offer proper drying, deodorizing and disinfecting of water damaged areas.
- SERVPRO of Lakeland offers content restoration to restore water damaged contents and personal belongings. Often when water damage occurs, personal possessions are also damaged by moisture. SERVPRO Technicians work diligently to try and return personal contents to preloss conditions.
- SERVPRO of Lakeland works with insurance, real estate, contracting and property management companies to offer complete file management, estimates and detailed explanations of work, including status updates, changes and feedback to keep companies fully aware of a property’s drying, cleaning and restoration status. At SERVPRO of Lakeland, we know you want quality information and proof of results. SERVPRO technology is designed to support your efforts!
- Timely mitigation is key to the restoration process. Restoring property is the SERVPRO Professional’s first priority. You will appreciate the immediate response, and you will know everything possible is being done to limit the damage. Even if a loss is below the deductible amount, fast action helps assure the event will stay small!
Restoring Your Polk and Hillsborough County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Lakeland is always here to help!
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to evaluate each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many situations, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Our professionals at SERVPRO of Lakeland are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
“Like it never even happened.”